AJ Madison Reviews 2022 – Is It Legit & Safe or a Scam?
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
"AJ Madison is an online kitchen appliance retailer. They have dozens of top brands at a variety of price points.
Most people enjoy the great selection and prices. The problem is that installation and customer service is hit or miss.
Our Recommendation:Skip AJ Madison and go with a big retailer like Amazon.com or Bestbuy.com. They have extensive service and installation networks that will ensure a great experience."
- Low prices
- A wide variety of top brands
- Great specials and deals
- Installation is hit or miss
- Haphazard service network
- Customer service isn’t up to par
My Experience AJ Madison
AJ Madison is an online retailer for dishwashers, refrigerators, and other kitchen appliances. They carry a wide variety of brands, including favorites like Bosch, Carrier, Maytag, and LG. The wide variety of brands offers a variety of price points and quality levels. No matter what you’re looking for, you’ll find it at AJ Madison.
My experience with AJ Madison started when I needed a new refrigerator. I went to my local home improvement store to look around, but I was shocked by the high prices. When I started looking around online, I realized that there are a wide variety of features and prices designed to meet the needs of diverse customers. Online shopping seemed to give me the best options to match price and features to my personal situation.
So, my situation was that I was in need of a new refrigerator and I had heard so many good things about AJ Madison. The first thing I noticed was the wide selection of refrigerators they offer. They have everything from small countertop models to large side-by-side refrigerators.
I found a great deal on an LG french door refrigerator with ice and water in the door and it had all the features that I needed for my kitchen. AJ Madison also offers installation services which is really convenient for me since I don't have time to do it myself.
Of course, french door refrigerators are pricey, especially from a good brand. It was priced much better than at my local store, though, so I thought it was totally worth the investment. I placed my order and soon enough, I was staring at a brand new Refrigerator in my living room.
They have contracts with local installers to come and hook up your appliance. Since my refrigerator had an ice maker, it was a little more complicated than simply plugging in the appliance. That’s when I found that AJ Madison has some limitations. I kept waiting for the installer to show up and had to deal with the refrigerator in my living room for a few weeks.
Everytime I called, the installer was busy and AJ Madison customer service told me to contact my installer directly. It seemed like nobody was interested in my living room refrigerator problem now that I’d already paid for the appliance. Eventually it all got sorted out, but the experience wasn’t great.
Since the retailer is online, they have a wide variety of brands but don’t have a local presence in the communities they serve. The USA is a big service area, and to do appliance maintenance and service correctly, it’s necessary to have a deep service network. These individual installers and technicians do a lot of the customer service work for individual customers.
This tends to be one of the main places that AJ Madison has problems with. Keeping track of all of their partners is a major undertaking that requires great management and programs. This isn’t a small task when you consider that the USA has thousands of service areas.
AJ Madison reviews tend to focus on negative experiences with customer service and installation. The company seems to have some problems understanding their customer needs and responding to issues. That’s a huge problem when you’re talking about expensive machines that may need maintenance and are designed to be used for many years.
The company doesn’t provide first party installation services, and installation can be hit or miss in some areas. They partner with third parties to get the work done, but your experience will vary based on your location. Some places will have great contractors who really know the machines well, and other customers will have non-stop problems.
What is AJ Madison?
According to the website, With a huge selection of major brand name appliances, low prices every day, easy to shop and secure purchase process, there is no place better to shop for Home Appliances than AJ Madison. They deliver the understanding, expertise, and experience to cater to all of your appliance needs. They dedicate themselves to “service after the sale” – standing by our customers from the day of purchase throughout the life cycle of the product.
AJ Madison Alternatives
AJ Madison FAQs
1. Is AJ Madison a Reputable Brand?
AJ Madison’s website states that their commitment to service makes you the focal point of their company through every step of the appliance shopping process. Customer service is their number one priority.
- Courteous & professional staff before & after the sale
- Easy on-line buying process
- High end showroom
- Appliance installation services available (in many areas)
- Quick nationwide inside delivery (White glove delivery also available)
2. Is My Data Safe When Using AJ Madison Website?
Yes. AJ Madison takes every precaution to keep your data safe.
3. How Long Does AJ Madison Take to Ship?
According to the website, Delivery normally takes one to two weeks for in-stock items.
Appliances (because of their many delicate parts and bulky nature) require special shipping methods to ensure they arrive in brand new condition. Because of this, they can take a longer time to ship than smaller merchandise. AJ Madison will always strive for prompt delivery, and here are our approximate delivery times based on location*:
Within the New York Metro Area**: 2 – 4 Business Days
Outside of the New York Metro Area: 1 – 2 Weeks
We offer you the option of choosing the delivery date for convenience. If you would like your item delivered on a later date, contact us two weeks prior to the ship date. If it is needed earlier, contact us and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
4. What Are AJ Madison Shipping Costs?
According to the website, There is a $200 charge for any orders that need to be delivered with a ferry. This is a non-negotiable flat fee. The most common areas that need a ferry for delivery include: Fire Island, Shelter Island, parts of Washington State and parts of Massachusetts (Nantucket, Martha's Vineyard, etc.
5. Where Is AJ Madison Located?
The warehouses are in Cranbury, New Jersey.
6. Where Does AJ Madison Ship From?
AJ Madison ships from New Jersey, in the USA.
7. Are AJ Madison Sizes Accurate?
AJ Madison sells kitchen appliances. Sizes accurately reflect the actual product dimensions.
8. What Is AJ Madison’s Refund & Return Policy?
For damaged shipments, defective merchandise, or the product does not meet your needs please review our full Return Policy.
- Damaged items should not be accepted upon delivery.
- After signing for and accepting your item, you are responsible for all damage claims.
- You must contact us within 24 hours of receiving your item if your product is damaged or does not meet your needs.
- Call the manufacturer if product is defective after the first use.
- In the event of a return, you must contact customer service to receive a return authorization (RA) number. We will not accept any returns without a RA.
- Returns are excepted within 30 days of delivery.
- All returns are subject to a 30 percent restocking fee.
- Shipping and handling charges to and from our warehouse are not refundable for returned items.
- Returned products will not be accepted unless they are in brand-new condition with all packaging, product literature and blank warranty cards enclosed in the exact condition as received.
- You must return the item using the same shipping methods as it was originally shipped.
- We do not accept returns on air conditioners, special orders or accessories.
- AJ Madison reserves the right to refuse returns.
9. Does AJ Madison Have Good Customer Support? How Do I Reach Them?
Appliance Parts Store800-378-5177
Sales Phone Hours
Monday: 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Tuesday: 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Wednesday: 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Thursday: 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Sunday: 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Customer Service Phone Hours
Monday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM