FragranceNet Reviews 2023 – Is It Legit & Safe or a Scam?
This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
FragranceNet is a legit fragrance seller that also offers a wide range of skincare products, makeup, and candles.
FragranceNet sells genuine branded products at discounted prices. This is partly because they sell legitimate perfume but aren’t an authorized distributor. This means they can sell them for below MSRP.
Our Recommendation: We recommend that you use FragranceNet for excellent products at great prices. The fragrances are exactly the same so why should you pay more?
- Discount prices on brand name fragrances
- Full range of skincare products that smell amazing
- Reliable and well-known distributor
- Customer service isn’t great
- FragranceNet isn’t an authorized retailer for most brands
- Shipping costs are not refundable
My Experience With FragranceNet
FragranceNet is one of the best-known and loved discount perfume distributors in the world. Customers adore their ultra-low prices on branded fragrances and skincare products. They also carry a wide range of candles and aromatherapy products with names like Warm Cinnamon Buns and Farmstand Peach.
I love fragrances, especially classics like CK One and Dior Sauvage. Maybe the scents are a bit old-fashioned, but the prices certainly kept up with the times! It’s not unusual to see prices above $200, especially for Sauvage. As the most popular fragrance of the late 2010s, you'd expect it to be a little expensive!
Since I have expensive tastes but a workingman’s wallet, I decided to try out FragranceNet. To my surprise, it’s not just the prices that are incredible, the selection is amazing too! They have all of the top fragrances, and they sell the full range of purities too!
Usually, discount websites will sell the cheapest versions of the scents. Cologne, for example, runs about 3% pure while perfume ranges closer to 20%. Since most people don’t know the difference, the retailers pocket some nice profits for lower-end merchandise.
FragranceNet is different. They do sell EDT and cologne, but they also offer great prices on full-strength perfumes. It’s so refreshing to see a company that takes quality seriously! This is a discount company that does right by its customers.
I treated myself to full strength Sauvage. The cheaper EDT version is an option for people who like something more delicate, but I like darker, headier smells. It ended up being 25% off, which wasn’t bad but doesn’t compare to some other fragrances that are 50% discounted. It all depends on the brand.
As advertised, I put in my order on Friday and it arrived on Tuesday. The packaging was nothing special, just a brown outer box around the standard, genuine inner box. The scent was full strength, and what can I say? Either you like the fragrance or you don’t. With a broad range of popular scents, surely you’ll find something you like.
It’s worth noting that FragranceNet sells a full range of candles, aromatherapy, and skincare products too. The selection is somewhat more limited, but they do carry the most popular scents and sizes. A search for Yankee Candle, for example, returned 19 responses, although several were sold out.
It’s always worth checking with FragranceNet before buying elsewhere because of the excellent prices. 25-50% discounts add up over time! It’s especially true if you have multiple favorite brands or if you’re looking for inexpensive gifts.
FragranceNet is legit and cheap. They're able to afford amazing prices because they're not authorized distributors. Basically, what that means is that they buy wholesale from companies at clearance prices. Then they resell the perfume at a small markup that’s still much lower than MSRP.
FragranceNet reviews are generally good. However, some reviews note that their customer service can’t keep pace with luxury retailers. This is entirely understandable, given the price difference, but it’s something to keep in mind.
Overall, perfume is well understood and since FragranceNet is selling genuine fragrances, there’s not much that can go wrong. If a bottle arrived broken or there was a mistake, you'd receive a replacement, of course. But the kind of wrong size or quality problems that plague discount clothing shoppers simply won’t occur.
Overall, we can strongly recommend FragranceNet. They have legit, full-strength products at amazing prices. They’re especially well suited to gift-giving, but nobody's going to blame you for picking up something for yourself. There’s nothing more that you could really ask for.
What Is FragranceNet?
FragranceNet is an online perfume shop that provides perfumes for men and women, as well as skin and hair care items. There are over 17,000 distinct scents to choose from on FragranceNet.com. It also offers a perfume subscription service, with monthly rates starting at $9.95.
If you’re looking for alternatives to FragranceNet, you can check out Ulta, Fragrantica, and Perfumania.
1. Is FragranceNet a Reputable Brand?
According to their about page:
“FragranceNet.com has been trusted online since 1997. FragranceNet has shipped over 30 million packages and has sold over $2.5 billion in beauty products. FragranceNet carries 40,000 genuine, brand-name fragrances, skincare, makeup, haircare, aromatherapy, and candles all at discount prices. FragranceNet offers Free Shipping in the U.S. with a minimum order. FragranceNet.com has received an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.”
2. Is My Data Safe When Using the FragranceNet Website?
According to their privacy and safety information:
“FragranceNet is concerned about the security of your personal information. FragranceNet adheres to widely established standards to safeguard personal information provided to them, both during transmission and after receipt. FragranceNet adheres to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard while handling credit card information (PCI DSS). Please contact them at [email protected] if you have any queries concerning the security of your personal information.
When you place a purchase on their website, it uses secure socket layer (SSL) encryption technology to encrypt the personal information you provide before sending it over the Internet. SSL is an encryption-based internet security standard that adds an extra layer of protection to data carried over the Internet.”
3. How Long Does FragranceNet Take to Ship?
Delivery times may vary depending on the items ordered. Times also vary depending on whether the billing and shipping information is accurate.
4. What Are FragranceNet’s Shipping Costs?
According to their shipping information:
U.S. Shipping Options & Costs:
- FREE standard shipping for orders over $59.00.
- *Free shipping offer valid for orders shipping within the 48 contiguous states.
- (The $59.00 total is calculated AFTER any promotion, coupon deductions, or gift wrap charges.)
- $8.95 charge for all U.S. orders under $59.00 (48 contiguous states).
- $8.95 charge for all U.S. orders shipping outside the 48 contiguous states.
- Standard U.S. Shipping (4-7 business days)
- U.S. orders will be shipped via UPS, FedEx, Ontrac, or U.S. Postal Service. Most packages arrive within 4-7 business days. (not a guaranteed service)
- Express U.S. Shipping (2-3 business days guaranteed)
- 2-3 business days guaranteed.
- Excluding weekends. Not available to P.O. Boxes.
- Starts at $13.95 depending on the weight of the shipment ordered.
- 1-Business Day Shipping (1 business day guaranteed)
- 1 business day guaranteed.
- Order by 12pm est for delivery next business day.
- Excluding weekends. Not available to P.O. Boxes.
- Starts at $17.95 depending on the weight of the shipment ordered.
- Shipping costs range depending on your location. Please use our Shipping Calculator to calculate the actual cost. Orders typically take 4-15 business days.
5. Where Is FragranceNet Located?
Fragrancenet.com, Inc. is located at 900 Grand Blvd, Deer Park, NY 11729
6. Where Does FragranceNet Ship From?
According to their shipping information: “Transit times are calculated from the moment FragranceNet ships your order from our state-of-the-art warehouse in Sydney, Australia.”
7. Are FragranceNet’s Sizes Accurate?
Yes, you can rest assured that FragranceNet’s sizes will be exactly as advertised.
8. What Is FragranceNet’s Refund & Return Policy?
According to their return policy:
“You must receive an RMA number from the customer service department in order to return items.
Within 30 days of receiving it, you may return any unopened merchandise (excluding skincare, haircare, and Makeup items) in its original condition, including the original packaging and packing slip, for a full refund, less postage, and any gift wrapping fees.
You will not be reimbursed for any shipping costs incurred in returning the product to them.
Unless FragranceNet makes an error, shipping costs are non-refundable for undelivered, unclaimed, or returned products.
Due to health concerns, FragranceNet does not provide refunds or exchanges on skincare, haircare, or makeup goods.
To process your return, they’ll need the following information. If you don't provide this information, FragranceNet won't be able to process your refund.
- Full name and address, as well as the RMA number
- Phone number E-mail address
- Original Order Confirmation Number on Packing Slip
- Your justification for returning the item
Please send the items back to:
900 Grand Boulevard
Deer Park, NY 11729 USA”
9. Does FragranceNet Have Good Customer Support? How Do I Reach Them?
- Click here for FragranceNet's customer service page
- Customer Service Inquiries:
- 1-800-PARFUMS (727-3867) – (Toll Free in U.S.)
- 631-582-5204 (Outside U.S.)
- Hours: Monday-Friday: 9:00am-5:00pm Eastern Time.
- Fax FragranceNet: (631) 582-8433
- Mail Them (Corporate Headquarters)
- FragranceNet.com, Inc.
900 Grand Blvd.
Deer Park, NY 11729
- FragranceNet.com, Inc.