ShopMate is an Australian parcel forwarding service run by Australia Post that enables Australians to order from American stores. While ShopMate is trustworthy, we don't recommend it because it lacks many basic features offered by competitors. Notably, ShopMate doesn't consolidate packages, offer repacking services or make purchases on your behalf if the store doesn't accept Australian credit cards. Our Recommendation: We recommend using a more popular and robust service like MyUS.com.
- No monthly fees and tax free shipping
- Affordable shipping costs
- Doesn't offer free package consolidation or repackaging (industry standards)
- Doesn't offer photos of packages
- Doesn't offer a personal shopping service (industry standard)
- Doesn't offer warehouse storage (industry standard)
- Reputation for slow customer service response times